Adgitize

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Beta testing Ad-Aware® 2007 beta

Lavasoft's beta logoSince the beginning of time, I've been involved with testing applications, utilities, etc., Just recently, one of the new things that got me hooked testing for is Ad-Aware® 2007 beta. In the office that I'm currently working for, we use Ad-Aware SE Personal. Mind you, even with the SE version - there's no good catch, but a lot of detected spyware/malwares. Especially those using notebook computers.

Since its still in beta stage, probably a lot of bugs - take a look at what I've found:

Initial screen failure
In this screenshot, we can clearly see that the installation progresses with only a few more seconds before it completes the installation process. However, you'll notice that on the next screenshot that I got


...you'll notice a small window popped-up (Error 1722) indicating that there is a failure in the installation process ang thus it cannot be completed.


As usual, the only escape to this side of the avenue would be clicking the OK button.


My attempted installation of Lavasoft's Ad-Aware® 2007 beta left a couple of files. Yes, temporary files that might not be temporary at all, especially if its not asking a restart or if you happen to forget the same folder you did the same testing like I did. My probable next move would be an "off" screenshot, or no screenshot at all. Just plain tracking of the installation process, and the files it created, moved (or removed), as well as renamed.

Feel free to make a comment if Ad-Aware® 2007 beta properly installed in your computer or not.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Alua said...

I had the same problem myself when trying to install to my computer running windows 2000 professional, yet when myself and my other half tried to install it onto a windows xp machine we did not encounter this problem at all, which is why i am assuming the installation has a flaw in its windows 2000 compatability when trying to run a windows xp only process during the windows 2000 installation.
(maj@hfx.eastlink.ca)

stltechno said...

Ditto, I get the exact same problem, Windows 2000 Prof. SP4