Adgitize

Monday, August 27, 2007

A Frog Story

Although there's nothing special about this story (especially this "blue" eyed buddy on mine staring at you right now), I'd like to share it to everybody anyway...

One typical evening when I'm on the way home, it was quite rainy. I was suppose to pay for a one way ride (my usual last ride as I reach home is a motorized bike with a sidecar on it which we call "tricycle" here in the Philippines) but I've got a few coins left so I just flagged down tricycles going along M.L. Quezon Avenue (bound to Angono, Rizal). Tricycles going this way would in turn pass straight thru our subdivision's main gate, and that's were I usually stop. I was near Shopwise Antipolo that time.

Now, since there's a road construction going on right now near our subdivision gate (part of the road collapsed because the foundation wasn't that well packed), its easy for me to ask the driver to stop at the subdivision's gate which I have to cross the other side in order to be walk through and inside the subdivision, and finally home. Of course, I have to look sideways for incoming vehicles so I don't get smacked down and have my HMO bill my workplace for the accident. I have to be careful though while crossing.

As I was suppose to cross the other side of the highway, I saw this tiny little frog trying to get itself safely on the other side (we both started on the same side, trying to cross to get to the subdivision's gate). Although there's a traffic officer managing the road (since there's a construction going on, right?), there are still vehicles passing on both sides. There I saw that little frog jumping slowly, surely, until it crosses the highway safely.

Frankly, I was quite nervous over his/her fate should some speedy vehicle "swacked" it up! and there leave Kermit's cousin bloody. Good thing that didn't happen, and I was able to write this story in behalf of that frog whom I don't know where he/she is right now or is he/she still living or what.

I suppose that its quite a custom to give moral lesson on a story. This one doesn't have. I won't write one. Rather, I'll be asking reading to post their comments on how God provides safety, even to the minutest of animals.

Go on! Write me some feedbacks! Thanks in advance.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Mace said...

Yes, that's how good God is!

It's amazing how you take the time to write about that little frog. Most of us just don't care enough about people, much less a tiny, slimy froggie.